Cardiovascular, Neurovascular, Diagnostic, Endoscopy, Gastrointestinal, Neurology, Urology, Coronary
Vesta’s precision medical extrusion solutions optimize the clinical outcome of medical devices with precision braided tubing manufacturing services for the medical device industry.
Braiding improves catheter functionality by providing high pressure resistance, kink resistance and stiffness to small or collapsible extruded tubing profiles.
- Flexible but highly kink resistant
- Provide exceptional strength
- Collapse resistance features
- Good push-ability and torque properties
- Improved burst strength
- Increased column strength
Braided tubing is a common solution for increasing the tube’s burst strength while producing thinner walls in the extrusion process.
Braided tubing helps reinforce tubing walls, increase internal pressure, improve burst strength and increase torque transmission. When applied to selected materials, braided tubing can be viewed under X-ray. Vesta provides medical device design assistance to help optimize your products’ performance.
Integrating Materials, Tooling, Process and Quality Control
Vesta uses dedicated equipment and innovative technology and expertise to produce your complex braided tubing.
- OD sizes from 0.030"–0.200" (0.762mm–5.08mm)
- Round or flat wires available
- Capabilities include 16 carrier braiders
- Stainless steel wire ranging from 0.001"–0.010" (0.0254mm–0.254mm)
- Braid angles from 20°–70°
- Cut lengths or spool
- 25–125 picks per inch rates
- Variable or constant pick pattern
- Continuous layer processing
- 15%–95% coverage